Access bank
HomeForeignKing Charles Has Cancer –PM Sunak, Joe Biden Bothered

King Charles Has Cancer –PM Sunak, Joe Biden Bothered

Access bank

Britain’s King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer and while the 75-year-old will postpone his public engagements to undergo treatment, he is remaining “wholly positive”, Buckingham Palace said.

Charles, who became king in September 2022 following the death of his mother Queen Elizabeth, has begun a series of treatments the palace said, adding he was looking forward to returning to full duty as soon as possible.

Asked about the king’s diagnosis, U.S. President Joe Biden said: “I am concerned about him”, adding that he planned to call Charles later.

Access bank

Prime Minister Sunak sent his best wishes to the King on X. “I have no doubt he’ll be back to full strength in no time and I know the whole country will be wishing him well,” he said.

The cancer revelation comes after Charles spent three nights in hospital last month where he underwent a corrective procedure for a benign enlarged prostate.

The palace said a separate issue of concern had been spotted during that hospital stay, but did not given any further details beyond saying tests had revealed the king had a “form of cancer”.

“No further details are being shared at this stage, except to confirm that his majesty does not have prostate cancer,” the palace said.

“Throughout this period, his majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.”

As such, Charles will continue to have meetings with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, while his wife Queen Camilla will continue with her engagements.

On Sunday, the king gave no indication of the diagnosis when he was pictured smiling and waving to onlookers as he attended a church service with Camilla.

It was his first public outing since he and his daughter-in-law Kate left the same London hospital a week ago where they had both undergone planned treatments.

Kate, the Princess of Wales and wife to heir to the British throne Prince William, spent two weeks at the London clinic following abdominal surgery for an unspecified but non-cancerous condition.

She will not be returning to royal duties until after Easter and William, who has been looking after their three children as she recovers, will carry out his first public engagement since her operation on Wednesday.

While the royals usually closely guard details of their health, regarding it as a private matter, Charles has been open about his recent treatment.

“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer,” Buckingham Palace said.

REUTERS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Access bank

Must Read

Access bank